Sunday, January 17, 2010

BLUE FINGERNAIL BEDS? My son is 6, his nails are blue, lack of oxygen? Im concerned. Any ideas why?

He feels fine, earlier said he had a stomachache, but playing %26amp; fine. A little background, he has had asthma since 2, many daily meds, BUT in December all meds were taken away, crazy he has been fine ever since. More than fine. No episodes, attacks, healthy. laways in the back of my mind, will it come back. He has his bad month(October) so I am awaiting that. Dr. says take it day at a time, if it comes back, will treat again. Anyways





TODAYS PROBLEM: his nails are blue, i right away think hes not breathing well. I call Dr. immediately, the nurse is not concerned. She says with no other symptoms could be many htings, even a virus--(i never heard of a virus making blue fingernails) So nurse says monitor him, any other symptoms, they are there 7 days a week. SO what do you think? I am concerned, pediatric nurse not, 1 neighbor says looks strange, no blue lips, eyes, fine, no labored breathing. SO ANY SUGGESTIONS, THINGS TO LOOK FOR, CONCERNS, all appreciated!BLUE FINGERNAIL BEDS? My son is 6, his nails are blue, lack of oxygen? Im concerned. Any ideas why?
Are his lips blue? I know when I was a child I had blue fingernails and blue lips because of lack of oxygen due to a heart problem. It could be a number of things so I would get another doctors opinion!BLUE FINGERNAIL BEDS? My son is 6, his nails are blue, lack of oxygen? Im concerned. Any ideas why?
Thanks for everyhting! Nearly a week later, all blue gone. LAsted for several days, 1/2 nail bed, to 1/4 nail bed, to just thumb %26amp; pinky blue, past 2 days, no blue at all. Still no answer to what caused it. Still a little concernned in the back of my head. SO ill be watching.

Report Abuse



go to the doctor right now screw the nurse...
Blue fingernail beds is usually a sign of a lack of oxygen. I would absolutely get a second opinion. It doesn't sound emergent, but why wait??
It could be something else such as anemia. You should schedule a doctor appointment.
BRING him to a doctor and have them look at his fingers - sounds odd to me. Bring him in right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment