Friday, January 15, 2010

I lost my big toe nail... and the skin underneath has a blue mark?

I lost my big toe due to tap dancing. GROSS! So, this morning, the whole thing fell off. I guess I should let you know that the toe nail was blue before it fell off... and now that the whole thing finally fell off, there is a blue mark on the skin, and some sort of cut that just basically looks black. I have a feeling that the blue is a bruise, but I don't know if that is possible? And my mom thinks the cut looking thing is fungus. Is there anyway I can get rid of this crap? And how long will it take for the toe nail to grow back?





Thanks yall! God bless!I lost my big toe nail... and the skin underneath has a blue mark?
The blue is probably a bruise... if you think the black cut is fungus, I'd go to the doctor.





I lost my big toe nail a year ago and its still having issues. In fact, I just lost half of it again:( but others have told me that it was normal to lose your nail a few times after this happens....





That's all I have.... sorry, I couldn't be more helpful...I lost my big toe nail... and the skin underneath has a blue mark?
ohh i think that happens to everyone at least once in their lives. it usually happens when you stub your toe or have some pressure on it. it's a bruise and usually turns a really dark blue almost blackish color and its normal for the toenail to fall off. it grows back in a couple of weeks it's nothing to worry about. i'd start worrying if it were green or something but blue is just a bruise and usually doesnt get any sort of fungus. you might want to bandage it up or something so it doesn't get infected while its exposed
sounds bruised. If it was a fungus you would know. it would be yellow or orange, have constant debris aroud it (i know gross) and it would smell horrid. Sounds like your toe nail was badly damaged and fell off. Sound normal to me . However as far as it growing back . I'd give it about 6 months (i know takes for ever) if you are self contious you can get a gel toe nail put on , people do it all the time .
my dad lost his big toe and it took almost a year to grow back, as for the rest, id go to a doc asap or it will get infected(thats what happened to my dad)and the bruise is prob a bruise but let the doc assure you that cuz u goin to a doc wether u like it or not!
I used to wear these boots which were kinda tight, but they didnt really ffel uncomfortable so I wore them for like 6 months...until I noticed that my toe nail feels kinda dead...and it was grey/bluish...eventually it fell off, it didnt even hurt...But it didnt entirely fall off...just a bit was left...it looked holy awkward tho...and it took about 3 months to regrow fully..Good thing this happened during the winter...you dont have to wear sandals....for me it happened in the summer...it was soo enbarassing..i tried putting on fake tow nails but they looked awful!
it's just bruised right now, give it time, and it'll grow back. it may be blue for months.
The blue is a bruise. But you have to be carefull because this happened to me. Not tap dancing obviously but anyway. My nail grew inside my skin and I got it ingrown. Which is painful as hell. Those were the last days I played soccer for a long time. My doc said I need to get it cut out but I hate them so I did this and it works.


Get 1 bottle of Vodka. Get some cheap stuff drink the good stuff. pour some in a bowl and put your toe in it. It will kill the infection then you need to keep it in salty water for a hour at least. Let that infection go away. Keep an eye on your toe if you see it growing in repeat and also get some tweasers and pull that toe nail out so it doesnt grow inwards. It worked for me twice now one on each foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment