Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why are my finger nails blue/purple?

All day my finger nails have been a blue/purple color rather than the normal pinkish color. Why?Why are my finger nails blue/purple?
it sounds like your not getting enough oxygen to me, you should definitey get that checked outWhy are my finger nails blue/purple?
This is called Reynaud's Disease. You can look it up on the internet for more information. I have this. Depending on the severity (mine's not so severe) you may need medication. I had to go to the Cancer Center in my area (for other problems not related to this) and the doctor noticed my fingernails, toe nails and even my lips were always blue or a deep purplish color. It is worse when I am cold. Make sure you were gloves or mittens in the wintertime and just warm clothing in general. I really have no other problems except for the color. A lot of people who don't know me ask what's wrong and it is tiring trying to explain it. Even my family ';forgets'; sometimes and will continue to ask me about it. I've dealt with it as long as I can remember. I think it just makes me unique! As long as you aren't in pain I wouldn't worry about it. My doctor told me that, worse case scenario it is possible to end up with no feeling at all in fingers and toes and amputation may occur but that is very, very, very rare. Good luck to you.
Lack of blood flow. could be caused by many factors. Are you hands warm enough? Is this the first time you have noticed this? If it is a continuing condition see a doctor. Raynauds disease can cause bluish nails, cold finger tips and cold toes.
Are you sure somehow you didnt hurt your finger. Or maybe its bruised im not ny sort of doctor lol but you should see a dctor in a week or so if it isnt gone. I know i was no help sorry
Cold...or maybe marker:)
you might be really cold. put on a jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment