Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have been running 5-6 miles and I noticed that my toe nails are turning black and blue. Is this common?

I have been using the same pair of shoes and they are very comfortable. Do I need better shoes or better running techniques?I have been running 5-6 miles and I noticed that my toe nails are turning black and blue. Is this common?
Yes


Yes





1. Feet change size often depending on the time of day and the number of miles you run; plus, I suppose the degree of hydration you maintain.





When shopping for shoes, always wear your running socks, shop late in the day, and leave yourself at least an inch (a thumb width) between the end of your longest toe and the front of the shoe. Another factor is that some shoes have larger and higher toe boxes than others.





Funny example of paragraph 1 is that I was wearing the same shoes I've had for about 2 years, suddenly my toes were being scrunched in the front. I went to Academy and bought a new, larger size and fixed the problem.





Good LuckI have been running 5-6 miles and I noticed that my toe nails are turning black and blue. Is this common?
Go to a running store where the sales people are runners and are knowledgeable about running gear. Some shoes have more room up front for people with toes that curve upward. If you keep having problems with your toe nails, it will interfere with your ability to run. Find shoes that will work better with your foot on an ergonomic level.
Your toes are probably hitting the end of your shoe, That means that your running shoes should be bigger. Always get running shoes half a size larger than your normal size. Talk to someone at your local shoe store about it.


Note: Black/blue toenails are quite normal.
I have heard that running with shoes that are too tight around the toes will cause your nails to turn black/blue and even fall off. It's not normal because people that have the right kind of shoes don't get this.
This is not a cause for concern this happens alot to frequent runners if they fall off they grow back its just what happens to runners

No comments:

Post a Comment